Here’s a guide on how to jailbreak iOS 13.x using the Checkra1n jailbreaking tool on a compatible iPhone, iPad.
Checkra1n Jailbreak for iOS 13: Things to Know
- The checkra1n jailbreak tool requires you to have access to a PC.
- For now, the tool is only available for macOS. You cannot jailbreak iOS 13 without a computer.
- It supports only selected iPhones and iPads listed below
Supported Devices For Checkra1n Jailbreak
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPad mini
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- 5th gen iPad
- 1st gen iPad Pro
How to Jailbreak iOS 13 on iPhone and iPad Using Checkra1n
Step 1- On your computer click the link below to download the Checkra1n jailbreaking tool.
Download Checkra1n for macOS
For Windows tutorial click this link
Step 2- Double click the downloaded DMG file to extract it then drag the checkra1n icon onto the Applications folder icon.
Step 3- Open your Applications folder, then right-click or control-click the checkra1n app and choose Open from the contextual menu.
Do not open the app by directly double-clicking on it. Click on Open again from the security dialogue that pops up. Click Open to confirm you'd like to launch the checkra1n app.
Step 4- Proceed to connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using a Lightning USB cable. You might get a prompt on your device to trust the computer. Tap the Trust button and enter the passcode of your device. The connected device should automatically be detected and shown in the checkra1n app. If not supported, you will get a sorry message and the Start button will be greyed out.
If you want to try with the untested devices, you need to click the Options button and check the "Allow untested iOS Devices"
Step 5- Click Next to put your device into Recovery Mode (DFU).
You'll now be guided to put your device into DFU Mode.
This procedure is as follows:
1. Hold the Side button until your screen goes black then release.
2. Hold the Side button and Volume Down button for 5 seconds.
3. Release the Side button and continue holding the Volume Down button until your computer lets you know you are in recovery mode. Your screen will remain black.
For iPhone X, iPhone 8:
The process to boot into DFU mode is slightly different for the iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
- Keeping your iPhone connected to your Mac, press the Volume Up button. Then press the Volume down button
- Press and hold the Side button until your iPhone displays a black screen.
- Keeping the Side button pressed, go ahead and press the Volume down button for 5 seconds.
- Let go of the Side button after 5 seconds but keep the Volume down button pressed for another 5 seconds.
It is important to note that if your iPhone or iPad has successfully booted into DFU mode, it will display a black screen.
Step 6- Click Start to begin the procedure.
Step 7- Checkra1n will now jailbreak your device, rebooting it in the process.
Step 8- Launch the new checkra1n app on your SpringBoard, select Cydia, then press the large Install Cydia button that appears.
Step 9- Cydia will now be installed on your device. You can launch it from the SpringBoard.
All done! You can now install SPYERA from the CYDIA App by entering SPYERA Cydia Catalog URL.
Cydia icon, Checkra1n icon, and the SPYERA icon may be hidden at the end of the installation process if desired.
9 comments on “How To Jailbreak iOS 13.X - Mac”
is it necessary to take out the SIM card during this process?
No, you don't need to do that.
We now have a new tutorial. Please check Jailbreking tutorials menu.
can this be performed on an iPhone Xs with 13.3?
Yes, please check the updated tutorial.
When spyera is available for iphone 11 pro
SPYERA is compatible with iPhone 11 Pro
Is there a way to jailbreak iphone xr version 13.3
I don't have access to a mac PC, what features will still work without jail-braking the iPhone 11 pro max?
Without jailbreak, it is not possible to install SPYERA at all. So no feature will be available if you cannot jailbreak it.
We have now a tutorial for Windows.